The Grand Rapids Ballet Company
Grand Rapids, Michigan
WPF Engineering was hired by Van Kempen Electric, for electrical and lighting design. This was a 16,000 SF addition to its present location to address the growth of the programs. Included in this addition was a 300-seat auditorium, beautiful lobby with a transparent façade to show the feature wall. Holophane’s decorative lighting was utilized in the lobby space.
The roof of the former building is home to new photovoltaic panels, which supplement power to the previous construction. This project is LEED certified. Construction cost was approximately $2,500,000, and the project was completed in October 2007.
Contributors On This Project
- WPF Engineering Electrical Engineering
- Design Plus Architectural and Mechanical Engineering, Interior Design, Site/Landscape
- Houseman Construction Company General Contractor - Design/Build
- Wolverine Building Group General Contractor
- P & K STEEL SERVICE, INC Structural Steel Fabrication
- Jarob, Inc. Signage